English Castles 2 Day Tour – New exclusive tour for 2013
Travel into history on this 2 day private chauffeur driven English Castles Tour and experience the majesty England’s most famed and beautiful castles. English Castles originated in the 9th and 10th centuries. Noble Lords built castles to control the area immediately surrounding them, Castles were both offensive and defensive structures; they provided a base from which raids could be launched as well as protection from enemies. Although their military origins are often emphasised in castle studies, Castles also served as centres of administration and symbols of power. Urban castles were used to control the local populace and important travel routes, and rural castles were often situated near features that were integral to life in the community, such as mills and fertile land.
- Windsor Castle. Windsor is the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world and the Official Residence of Her Majesty The Queen. Its rich history spans almost 1000 years.
- Wardour Castle Now a ruin, Wardour Castle was built in the 14th century as a lightly fortified luxury residence for comfortable living and lavish entertainment.
- Highclere Castle The Golden Globe winning Downton Abbey was brought to life at Highclere Castle. It sits on 1,000 acres of parkland and it has been the country seat of the Earls of Carnarvon since 1679.
- Amberley Castle The luxury castle where you will spend the night. Hidden away for 900 years near the picturesque village of Amberley in the chalk South Downs, Amberley Castle is a magnificent historical treasure that offers a truly unique experience. Through the Portcullis and 60 ft curtain walls you will find beautiful landscaped gardens, fine examples of medieval architecture and an unrivalled atmosphere of peace and tranquility.
DAY 2 – 9am start (0930 weekends)
- Arundel Castle The seat of The Dukes of Norfolk and set in 40 acres of sweeping grounds and gardens, Arundel Castle has been open to visitors seasonally for nearly 200 years. It is one of the great treasure houses of England, each having its own unique place in history and is home to priceless works of art.
- Leeds Castle Set in 500 acres of beautiful parkland, a visit to Leeds Castle in the garden of England is full of discovery. Visitors are transported through the castleʼs history; an eclectic mix of period architecture, with sumptuous interiors and family treasures.
- Hever Castle The childhood home of Anne Boleyn, it later passed into the ownership of Henryʼs fourth wife, Anne of Cleves.
- Dover Castle Spectacularly situated above the White Cliffs on the Kent coastline this magnificent castle boasts
Chauffeur Driven Tour Chauffeur driven tours are a luxurious but affordable solution to sightseeing in style. We take you away from the crowded streets and buses on an intimate tour in a private vehicle, guided by your professional chauffeur, who gives you personal attention and courtesy throughout the experience, including hotel pick up/drop off and numerous photo opportunities, and of course a chance to savour each location at a more leisurely and intimate pace. Make no mistake, there is no better way to travel!
Overnight Tour Details: http://www.welcome2britain.com/english-castles-sightseeing-overnight-tour.htm
The Small Group Tour Experts